Monday, February 22, 2010

Daddy's Helper

MaKayla is such a sucker for her Daddy (and I would have to say the feelings are mutual). She thinks he is the coolest person in the whole world. Saturday morning we couldn't get her to eat anything for breakfast, but as soon as we sat her down by Daddy, and showed her that he was having cereal she decided that she wanted some too.Later that afternoon Micah decided that it was a nice enough day that he was going to rip apart our little garden box out back and fix it. When MaKayla woke up from her nap she was all about helping her Dad. She got all the screws ready for him by putting the washers on them, and she even decided to pick up the hammer (it probably weighs more than her), and take a few swings. It was pretty cute. I had to add this picture of her cute little boots. I know I'm a sucker.She got mad at me when I decided we needed to go in the house cause her little fingers were turning into ice cubes, but quickly got over it when I lifted the blinds so she could still watch Daddy work.


Meagan Meagan

On Saturday I was able to attend my good friend Meagan Simper Barr's baby shower. She lives in AZ now and so whenever she comes into town it is fun to see her and catch up on the good old days. There aren't very many childhood memories that I have that don't involve Meagan, the girl from across the street.
Meagan and I are both expecting boys and we are both due in April; she is due the 22nd, and I am due the 21st. As soon as I found out when she was due I told her we had to have them on the same day (Meagan and I were born on the same day just a year apart) and make them be best friends for life. She said she was all in for a forced friendship :).
I wanted to make something special for Meagan and her little man, so I got onto www.makeitandloveit.blogspot.com and found some super cute stuff to make. I liked how everything turned out, so I am going to have to make some of this stuff for my little man.

4 comments:

  1. Look at your talent Stef! You amaze me! Way cute gift. I'd be thrilled to receive that!
    Your pregnancy is flying by (for me at least). :)
    Hope you are feeling well! We want to see you guys sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love makeitandloveit! You are so amazing though. Love it all! You are a girl after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't believe that you two are Mommies, well one soon to be Mommy and one pro Mommy already! Crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so crafty, those are so cute!

    ReplyDelete