Friday, February 3, 2012

Hands

Think of someone you know, some one you love and I bet you could tell me three things about their hands without even seeing them.  I can see Micah's hands in my head as I write this.  You can tell a lot about someone by looking at their hands.  They change with us, and I think they grow older and wiser with us. 
I can still see my Grandma Bowman's hands and remember her pinching the back of her hand saying, "This is old people skin, yours is prettier."  And I can still see my Grandpa Buttar's hands, every time he would see one of my babies he would hold their hands so gentle and kiss the backs of them.
MaKayla's hands are always busy.  When I think of her hands I see a pencil or crayon.  She is always creating.  She loves to write and color. She also loves little things, little meticulous perfect in their place things.  She loves to have her finger nails painted and will keep them spread so they don't get smudged.  Sweet, delicate, long little fingers.
James' hands are always busy too, but in a different way (usually destructive, lol).  He loves to help me bake; I call him sous chef James.  I love these paws.  When he's sleepy he wants his gank-e (blanket).  He will pull and twist the yarn knots with his little fingers until he falls asleep.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post, hands are usually one of the first things I notice on a person!

    ReplyDelete