Sunday, August 15, 2010

CV Fair and Rodeo

It just wouldn't be summer if you didn't go to the Cache Valley Fair and Rodeo. Fried goodness, rides and animals. You just can't go wrong!
We started our Friday off with some good old carnival rides. MaKayla was lovin' every minute of it! We met up with some of our favorite people, my parents, Buck Iverson, and McKenzie Lea. The first ride they went on was like the Puff the Magic Dragon one at Lagoon. Everyone was pretty excited to get going... ...
...
until the ride finally started. The kid was begging to get off after the first loop around.
I know it's sort of mean to say, but I was laughing so hard at Buck that I was crying. I seriously would have paid to see it again. Kayla and Kenz LOVED it!
After we calmed down the kids went on the caterpillars.

I feel the need...the need for speed.
As long as we kept Buck on the ground he was a happy camper.

What little kid doesn't love swinging?
Going on "Thomas!" MaKayla loves the Thomas the Train books. She even goes around saying, "Peep peep!"
Waiting to go on the spinning dragon ride.
Taking turns spinning the wheel.
I love this face!
And this one too! :)
James didn't get to go on any of the rides, but he didn't seem to mind.
"It's bulls and blood, it's dust and mud, it's the roar of the Sunday crowd!" -Garth Brooks
Grandpa Craig and KKat enjoying the rodeo Saturday night.
James with Grandma Lola doing what he does best...sleeping.
My cowboy and Kayla.
This was a fun show to watch. These kids range from ages 12-19 and they ride without saddles and only use a small rope around the horses neck to steer them. Some of them even jumped the hurdle without using the rope. So cool.
The EH CAPA Bareback Riders

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! Sad we missed out :( Give the kiddies kisses from us!

    ReplyDelete