Home Depot has this great program the first Saturday of every month from 9-12 called Kids Workshop. It is free, they provide all of the materials, they even get a cute little apron and when they finish their project they get a pin!
When we first got there KKat wasn't too sure about what was going on, but when she saw that she would get to play with a bunch a tools like her Daddy's she went to town. I was cracking up the entire time because she kept hammering Micah's thumb.

Micah got smart and would start the nails for her and then move his hands and hold onto the wood for her. She did such a great job!

Usually the tongue makes an appearance when she is concentrating, but I guess to celebrate Easter she busted out the duck lips.

When she finished I tried to get her to look at me and smile, but that was a no go. She started pulling some pretty funny faces and had Micah and me just laughing. The finished product was a butterfly house. We will have to bust out the paint and let her have at it.

When she finished we decided to let Dad look around in his favorite store. This is one of Micah's favorite sections to play in. I was standing behind them just watching and in my mind I could hear her saying, "Sir, is there something that I can help you find today?" But really she was saying, "Dad, these pretty, huh?" Now that's my girl!

This little trip to Home Depot made my whole morning. You couldn't have gotten the smile off my face. If my cute little builder keeps it up, she just might be as talented as her Dad one day.
She is so cute! I'm glad she loved it! Ethan and Martin go to Home Depot every month, and Lowes twice a month. You should take her to Lowes next Saturday morning.
ReplyDelete