Baby Animal Days at the American West Heritage Center has become a Bowman family tradition. The kids love it, the Grandparents love it, and I think for the most part the parents enjoy watching their kids have a great time. I know I do. I'll warn you now there are a ton of pictures. It was crazy this year! I think with bear exhibit more people came out. We got there right as they opened so we didn't have to fight the crowds too much.
What kind of visit would it be if we didn't ride the horses!? Miss.
Kenzington was our rodeo queen giving us the perfect wave while she made her way around.

Every time we get
MaKayla on a horse the first time she gets a little nervous, but she always wants to go back again and again.

I love how excited she gets. She LOVES horses.
Braxton would only get on the horse after Shelly promised him chocolate.

I'm so sad that I didn't get any good pictures of the baby bears. They sure were cute! So this picture of my baby bear will just have to do.

Aren't they cute?

She loves horses, but she is trying to decide if she likes the big ones.

Watching the kids try to get a string off a goats tail.

Rich, Shelly,
Braxton, and
Kenz on the Hardware Ranch horse ride.

Before we got on the ride we bought the kids some old fashioned suckers. They were huge and pretty tasty.

You can't go anywhere without a toddler noticing birds.

We stopped and watched a man trim a sheep. I wish I would have gotten a picture of my Dad. He watched for a good 20 minutes while all of these random kids stood by the side of him.

This is the sheep half naked. He looks pretty comfortable for having a crowd watch him.

We even got to see a white peacock and he liked showing off for us.
MaKayla thought the baby goats were pretty cute.

The happiest girl in the world. She got to hold/pet a baby gosling.

"It cute, huh?"

I am so glad we waited in line and got to do this just before we left, it made my heart happy. I know that sounds cheesy, but I love to see my baby happy.

After a fun afternoon we were ready to go home. I love spending time with my family and having memories like this to look back on makes me happy.

After a great day seeing the babies we headed over to Mom and Dad's and had some delicious ribs! Dad just can't make anything bad, he's the best cook. What a great day!
We love BAD too! But I refuse to battle the millions of people and always take Pearl the weeks after the main events when the vendors are gone. So no baby bears for us this year.
ReplyDelete