
Every Wednesday MaKayla and I join my sister-in-law's ward play group, and it is great fun. I love it! When I first started going, I thought it was more for the kids, but over the years I have decided that it is just as much for the kids as it is for the moms. I can't tell you how nice it is to let the kids go wild and just sit and chit chat with the women.

We meet in the church gym during the winters which is super nice. The kids bring their trikes, strollers, balls, and jump ropes and go nuts. Every week I take MaKayla's beloved stroller. The girl is a little crazy about it. She doesn't care if anyone plays with any of her other toys, but if you touch the stroller you are sure to get the tongue lashing of your life. Sure it's gibberish, but the intent is there. If by some small miracle you manage to rip it from her iron man grip, she will scream, shriek and gnash her teeth. If that doesn't scare you she will go get her aunt Shelly who will make you a nice trade for the beloved stroller back. It's pure comedy people.

Buck Iverson (my nephew) and his friend 'G' are my favorite two characters to watch when I go to play group. They have one of those love/hate relationships. They both love cars, running around like mad men, and growling at each other (and everyone else). I love watching them duke it out for whatever prized car shows up to play group. This week it was this nifty yellow looking car. When one would put it down the other one would grab it and run for the hills. One of them always ends up in tears, but when it's time to leave those two don't want to leave each others side.
No comments:
Post a Comment