Yesterday I took the kids and ran to Joann’s to pick up some beads for a project that I am working on. MaKayla was not excited about going in so I told her that we would be so quick that Mom wouldn’t even get a cart. So we ran to the back and started checking out our options. James was more than happy not to get a cart and was happy in my arms until I started trying to decide what tube of beads I wanted. He thought they looked fun and decided to grab one off the peg. While consulting with my opinionated 4 year old about what color we should get James decided that he wanted to pull the lid off which triggered a bead rain storm. I think the beads clinked on every hard surface imaginable for hours and then stopped just in time for James to burst into tears. At this point I decided the blue tube of beads would be perfect and we made a run for the checkout stand.
Just as we reach the cash register MaKayla decides to announce to everyone that has ears that James had made a HUGE mess in the beads. The check out gal looks me up and down and asks, “Is this true?” I said, “Yes, we had a little accident back in the beads, I’m sorry.” I guess my face of guilt and remorse wasn’t enough. She looks mad and says, “So I need to send someone back there to clean it up then?” I nod yes and offer to pay for tube of beads. While she is still checking me out she gets on her radio ear piece set and tells another coworker that there is a HUGE mess back in the beads and that she needs to go clean it up. She pauses for a minute and says, “Don’t be mad at me it wasn’t my fault.” Cue walk of shame.
Thank you for your honesty MaKayla! When I got to the car I had about ten emotions running through my head, but decided for the well being of my children to just laugh hysterically. Thank you for adding adventure and entertainment to my days, Mommy loves you my sweet, messy, honest babies.
this is HALLOWEEN
6 years ago
lol, not fun. Loved the story. And love the pic at the end!
ReplyDeleteKasey
Okay, so I'm just going to assume you went to the Joanns in Logan on Main. I think that's the only one, right? Well...ANYWAY, they are SOOO rude there! I can't believe it! I went once and the girl was SOO rude when I was asking a question I ended up leaving, so honestly, I'm hoping it was HER who had to clean up the beads, and I thank James from the bottom of my heart. Best story ever. Miss you!
ReplyDeleteI enjoy this story! I enjoy the honest turds!
ReplyDeleteStef, I am with your friend too! Every time I go to Joann's they always seem so put out when you ask them a question. Totally bugs me! I say yay for James and they need an attitude adjustment!
ReplyDelete