Saturday the 22nd we decided to head north to Mammoth Hot Springs and then back down and around to the falls to the east. We stopped at Gibbon Falls for a potty break and were pleasantly surprised by the beautiful water fall.
Headed down the trail.
You can't see the falls but the scenery still is pretty.
You should have seen the excitement when MaKayla found A YELLOW STONE!
Gibbon Falls, this picture really doesn't do it justice.
Me and my James-E-boy.
We loaded the buses and headed up to Mammoth Hot Springs.
I remember this place from when I was a kid. I think we went 2-3 times to Yellowstone with my Grandma and Grandpa Buttars when I was a kid. It's still beautiful.
When I was little before we could leave for our next destination I would trace the letters in the signs with my fingers. It made me smile when I saw my own little side kick tracing away.
Then off we went to the Lower Falls. Again it was very beautiful and very cold.
The whole gang.
Can you tell this was one of my favorites?! Lots of pics.
Then we moved down the road a little farther and went on a hike to the bottom of Lower Falls. Magical! The walk back up...not so magical.
Me and my mountain man Micah.
On the drive back to the cabin I was telling Micah that I thought for sure we would have gotten to see a moose in all our journeys, so imagine how excited I was when Josh Sauce called and said to hurry and catch up cause they had spotted a moose and her baby by the side of the road! Here's the cute little babe.
When we got back to the cabin we decided to bust out the cake pops and celebrate ManKayla's birthday! She was so excited that she got Cinderella and silly bands from Josh, Sara and company.
We came home on Sunday the 23rd. It was such a great vacation and we had such a blast! Thanks Josh and Sara for inviting us to go with you! We had the best time and MaKayla loved the yellow stones, water falls, and hanging out with her cousins. James did so great in the car and had so much fun chasing Jake everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment