I was told to call the Labor and Delivery unit on September 3, 2013 at 5:00 a.m. to see when I could come in for an induction. When I was induced with James they told me to come in 30 minutes after they called me so we decided to drop the kids off at Grandma Lola's and Be-Bow's house Monday night and stay at my parents.
We loaded the car with all of our gear and when it came time to buckle three car seats in the back, we had a problem. I told Micah I could fit them all in the back but it was a very tight squeeze. He didn't believe me until he had to put them in and MaKayla and James cried because they couldn't buckle themselves up. When we made it to Logan we did a little car shopping, some test driving and found a Pilot we were interested in.
Tuesday morning I called the hospital to see when I could come in and they said call back at 6:30, I did and was told to call back at 10:15. So I got ready for the day and Micah and I headed to the car dealership at 9. We sat down and started talking about buying the car when the hospital called me at 9:15 and told me to be at the hospital in an hour. We bought a car in an hour and were off to the hospital.
We made it to the hospital and got all checked in and hooked up around 10:45 a.m. and I was dilated to a 3. I was a nervous wreck! When I had James my epidural came out the last part of my labor and I delivered him naturally. I was scared that would happen again and it plagued my mind for days before my delivery.
After the nurse got all my info she informed me that Dr. Craig had two c-sections and there was only one anesthesiologist on the floor for the day. So the game plan was to have Dr. Craig come in and break my water after her first c-section, send in the anesthesiologist and then hopefully have her come deliver me after her second c-section.
I was on pitocin and doing just fine, until the doc came in to break my water a little after 1. The contractions went to a whole new level of intensity after that. The anesthesiologist and his student (a kid I went to high school with) came in and gave me my epidural at 2, hallelujah! A little after 3 I started feeling some crazy pressure. I called for the nurse, she checked me and I was an 8. She started busting a move and setting everything up. Less than 5 minutes later she checked me again and I was 10+. She called Dr. Craig and she ran in and helped get my sweet baby love here.
When I was pushing they kept telling me to "wait for the contractions", and "you're doing great but don't push so hard". I just wanted my sweet baby here. We were waiting for the next contraction but I didn't think it was coming fast enough, so I looked at Micah and said, "Lets get her out." Dr. Craig said, "All right just one more push and you won't be pregnant anymore." Music to my ears. At 3:33 p.m. our little siren came screaming into this world. While Dr. Craig was catching her she said, "This is a big baby! Look at that chubby legs!"
Yes, she has chub! Baby girl weighed in at 9 lbs. 3 oz. and 20 inches long. She's amazing! I was measuring right on and weighed less than I did with James, so I would have never guessed she was as big as she was. When we gave her her first bottle she downed 39 ml.
I loved when they plopped her cute little cheesy body on my chest.
I loved seeing this proud Daddy snuggle his new sweet princess.She's the best baby! We love her to pieces and so does everyone else.
James and MaKayla are so in love with their new baby. James isn't a huge fan when she gets too close to his "coco monkey" blanket, but he's so sweet to her the rest of the time. MaKayla loves when Ariana is awake (she calls it "open eye time") and gets so mad when she sleeps and wont look at her.
My cute sister-in-law Jenni took some pictures of Ariana on the 15th. She did such a great job. I love this one, it makes me laugh every time.
Here is our first official family picture. I love it! Micah is closing his eye because they were on fire, I'm laughing cause Jenni was kneeling on James' gut, Kayla is in her own world, James is trying not to head-butt the baby and Ari is sleeping. It's perfect!I'll post the other pictures from our photo shoot after I've sent out the birth announcements (that I put the babies wrong length on).
We love you Ari-tari Tutu! You are the sweetest baby and are so loved by so many already. Thanks to all of our family for helping us with the kids, visiting us in the hospital, and for all the great food. We love you!



.jpg)
.jpg)
Yay!! Congratulations on your sweet new baby girl! She is so beautiful! You have such a cute family!
ReplyDeleteI love this post! And I SERIOUSLY can't get enough of little Ari Capari! We love her guts and are so happy she is finally here! You make real cute babes..... ya sure you don't wanna make some more? :)
ReplyDeleteShe is darling!! Congratulations to you and your cute family!
ReplyDeleteCongrats. She is precious!
ReplyDelete