While Micah was gone last weekend I thought I would try and potty train MaKayla, or start trying. :)
I took her to the store and let her pick out her own panties. There were Cinderella, Dora, Tinker Belle, and all sorts of pretty panties. I thought MaKayla would go for the Cinderella princess package, but I should have known better, the kid picked out Car underwear! Yes, my little girl is training in boy underwear. There was no talking her out of them.

Look how cute this little bum is! Yes that is Tow Mater!

She did so good on the first day, I was so surprised! The first hour we had three accidents and I thought I was going to scream, but after that she did so well. Everytime she would go to the bathroom we would call my Mom and Dad so they could tell her good job. She loved telling them that she went pee pee in the potty. We called Micah and she left him a message when she went number 2! She was so proud of herself. We still are having a few accidents but I think she's doing pretty good. I'm just a little scared to leave the house with her in panties.
Hey we have that same underwear at our house haha! So what helped the most at our house when I was training Carter was to go out on a potty field trip. We went to all of the places we normally went to, the library, the store, the park etc and found all of the pottys that were there so he knew they were there and also he thought he was pretty awesome because he got to use them (esp the library and church because they had little toilets). Anyway, it made things easier on the both of us actually because then I knew where they were too! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteLove the underwear! MaKayla cracks me up! Has she asked what the little pocket in the front is for yet? So.......lets party soon ok?
ReplyDelete